Our Elementary School Is A Starting Point For Inculcating A Lifelong Love For Learning
We believe that each child is unique and our teachers work with parents to develop a tailored pathway that promotes independence, creativity, and imagination.
Elementary School Classes
Our Elementary School Unique Approach to Learning and Development
- Students become more actively engaged in their learning and develop essential interpersonal skills as they work together in teams to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Our teachers facilitate learning by creating an inclusive environment which is conducive to creative thinking and focuses on shared discovery.
PORTFOLIOS TO DOCUMENT STUDENT GROWTH
- Each student will produce a portfolio that they create to document their academic and social development. In Upper Primary grades, these portfolios become digital resources and are stored on their own Google Drive account to serve as an artifact of their learning.
- This portfolio allows for a student’s learning to be assessed and provides parents with a tangible means of following their child’s academic and socio-emotional development.
BASIC PROGRAMMING SKILLS
- Students in Upper Primary Grades learn key programming concepts and are challenged to use their logic and critical thinking skills in building their own applications.
- LEGO Robotics Classes
STEAM DEEP LEARNING PROJECTS (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS AND MATH)
- Students develop critical thinking and evaluation skills as they explore the fundamental concepts inherent in the STEAM fields through hands-on activities and are given opportunities to communicate their hypotheses, methodology, and findings to their peers.
- The STEAM projects aim to develop students’ intellectual agility and equip them with the ability to evaluate information critically.
- Students are required to present their projects to various groups – peers, teacher, parents, and visitors during the STEAM fair which serves as a platform where students can demonstrate and explain what they have learned to their peers, teachers, and families.
- Sampoerna Academy uses International benchmark tests for the students, such as Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) by North West Evaluation Association (NWEA). MAP tests are individualized measures of performance in reading, math, and science. The test results help the teachers, parents, and administrators improve student learning and make informed decisions to differentiate learning and promote individual student academic growth.
- There are also other Benchmark Exams by Cambridge and Indonesian Ministry of Education utilized to measure the effectiveness of our academic plan.
TEACHER SPECIALIZATION IN/AFTER 4TH GRADE
The students receive specialized subject teachers as early as in the 4th grade in Mathematics, Reading, Computer Science, Foreign Language, and Science.
- iPads outfitted with educational software and design programs
- Chromebooks for delivering digital curriculum and resources
Elementary School Facilities
The Sampoerna Academy houses outstanding facilities, including the technology-integrated classrooms that are purpose-built to support our personalized and STEAM- based learning methods. All of our schools provide play areas and exercise space; some have access to larger playing fields and swimming pools through rental agreements.
Science Lab (Medan)
Dance Room (Medan)
Elementary Placements are Available at
Jln. Raya Pasar Minggu,
(021) 5022 22 34
0858 5917 6832
Jln. Raya Serpong BSD CBD Lot II-2
Lengkong Gudang, Serpong Tangerang Selatan
(021) 5022 22 34
Jln. Jamin Ginting,
Kompleks Citra Garden, Medan
(061) 821 19 57
0811 6363 331
Cijayanti, Babakan Madang
Bogor, Jawa Barat
(021) 5022 22 34