EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCES
- PhD in Education, Extremadura University, Badajoz, Spain
- DEA, Extremadura University, Badajoz, Spain
- PgD in school Administration and Curriculum Design, National System for Professional Certification, Lisbon, Portugal
- Ed., UNED University, Madrid Spain
- PgD in Psychology, ISPA University, Lisbon, Portugal
- PhEd., ESEV University, Viseu Portugal
- Ed., ISPV University, Viseu Portugal
Mr. Hugo Liz de Castro was the Head of School at Orbis International School in Mexicali, Mexico. Originally from Portugal, he has a PhD in Education among others advanced degrees in education with an emphasis on administration along with a proven track record in educational leadership, including experience as supervisor, Head of School, Principal and other roles have allowed him to work in international schools that hold international accreditations such as IB/WASC/CIS among others. He served as both educator and administrator for schools and colleges over the past 20 years in countries spanning the globe.
During this time, Mr. Hugo Liz de Castro worked towards and led the delivery of a consistent high-quality level of education in line with the schools’ vision, mission, and values. Both, personal and professional background has lent power to his career as an educator, enabling him to successfully bring schools through accreditation, help start-ups and troubleshoot established schools to improve productivity, efficiency, and performance.