Beijing, 7 May 2018 — Sampoerna Academy officially embraced Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) as our partner with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). This partnership is aimed to improve the Chinese language teaching in Indonesia, starting from Sampoerna Academy.
The signing of MoU at BLCU campus was attended by:
- Dr. Marshall Schott, Chief Academic Officer of Sampoerna Schools System;
- Dr. Mustafa Guvercin, Director of Sampoerna Academy;
- Ms. Mina Angkasa, Board Member of Sampoerna Academy Medan;
- Mr. Yong Zhang, Mandarin Coordinator of Sampoerna Academy;
- Dr. Wahdi Yudhi, Rector of Sampoerna University;
- Prof. Liu Li, President of BLCU;
- Prof. Zhang Baojun, Assistant President of BLCU;
- Mr. Li Jun, Director of College of Intensive Chinese Training from BLCU; and
- Mr. Ma Tei, Deputy Director of Office of International Cooperation and Exchange from BLCU.
Since its foundation in 1962, BLCU has been an important academic base for language and cultural research and the cradle for advanced international talents in China. In the area of Teaching Chinese as Foreign Language (TCFL) and the promotion of Chinese culture, BLCU has the longest history, the largest size, and the most well-qualified academic faculty. By March 2018, the university has educated more than 200,000 foreign students from 183 countries.