EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCES
- Master´s Degree of Quality Education and Management, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago, Chile
- Post Graduate Degree in Teaching and Education Quality Management, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago, Chile
- Post Graduate Degree in Management and Administration of Educational Institutions, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago, Chile
- Bachelor in Education, Universidad Andrés Bello, Santiago, Chile
- Bachelor in Special Needs, Universidad Andrés Bello, Santiago, Chile
Ms Valeria Hurtado was the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) Director at Cognita Schools Chile, a worldwide group of Education with schools around the globe and with thirteen schools located in Chile. She was also the Bilingual Early Years Programme Director in one of the Cognita Schools located in Santiago, Chile, The American British School. Originally from Santiago, Chile, she has a Master´s Degree in Quality Education and Management, among other advanced degrees in Education and Educational Management and Administration.
Most of her experience has been in Early Years and first years of Elementary school, being an Early Years Teacher, Coordinator and Early Years Programme Director, with a proven track record in leading educational teams. During her professional career she has worked in International preschools, schools and nurseries.
Ms Valeria has a strong belief that young children learn best by doing hands-on sensory-based activities, working collaboratively, exploring and playing in a child-focused environment.